A major multi-brand retail business in Thailand needed a large number of temporary workers who could quickly integrate into the company culture to respond to seasonal and demand fluctuations. However, with more than 100 branches across the country, the company faced inconsistent recruitment, hiring and training quality. A centralized function was needed at the company’s Bangkok headquarters along with decentralized efforts to support 60 branches in the provinces.
The company faced common challenges with permanent employees, including high turnover and lengthy time-to-fill open roles. Issues associated with consistency across branches and centralized recruiting also impacted the company’s efforts to fill permanent openings as well. The company needed an RPO solution run by a team capable of addressing its wide-ranging challenges.
Talent Solutions recognized the need for a strategy led by a recruitment team that functions as an integrated part of the client’s organization. To ensure process consistency, the team created a centralized point of contact and a governance structure that would apply to all recruiting efforts. This included centralized tracking and reporting of activity across all functional areas of delivery and regions.
The team also designed a recruiting platform that operates under an umbrella brand with all of the company’s brands lined up underneath. This enables the RPO team to leverage and strengthen the parent company’s brand positioning as an employer of choice. The solution is supported by a large centralized staff of eight, along with 28 onsite team members and 28 recruiters. These professionals manage a candidate pool which includes more than 15,000 applications per year. Placements average 600 per month with an emphasis on three seasonal waves.
The strategically aligned process across 108 stores has generated the following results:
- Reduced turnover among temporary staff by 43 percent.
- Reduced cost per hire of contract staff for in-store positions by 20 percent.
- Increased the part-time headcount who successfully complete the four-month probation period.
- Daily placements that meet or exceed the established KPI of an 85 percent fill rate per month.
- A centralized system has created a controllable and predictable cost structure.
- Headcount targets are consistently achieved, including sourcing, recruiting and hiring temporary staff who equal 20 percent of the total staff headcount.