A leading provider of IT products and services for the global marketplace experienced challenges recruiting highly specialized workers, including contract and temporary talent. New Zealand is an extremely competitive market with “hard-to-find candidates with the right skills” being a commonly cited challenge. The company, based in Japan, had a decentralized global network for talent acquisition. They relied on recruitment agencies in many regions, but the New Zealand market proved challenging in terms of planning external recruitment spend and margin control.
With a need for everything from sourcing and interviewing to hiring and onboarding, the company outsourced its entire recruitment process in New Zealand to ManpowerGroup. The team assumed full responsibility for the recruitment of all permanent, contract and temporary staff. Through this partnership, ManpowerGroup deployed an onsite recruiting team focused on contract and permanent hires.
The ManpowerGroup team built awareness of available opportunities through strategic marketing campaigns, social media and a partnership between the onsite team and the company’s global marketing and HR functions.
Since the inception of ManpowerGroup’s RPO solution, the client has achieved the following results:
- External agency spend was reduced by 38 percent.
- The RPO team fills an average 200 roles annually, of which approximately 125 are permanent.
- Average time-to-hire has fallen from 96 days to 37.5 days for all permanent hires.
- Cost-per-permanent-hire was reduced by 34 percent.
- Cost-per-hire for contract and temporary recruitment was reduced by 28 percent.
- Multimedia campaigns resulted in a 19 percent increase in jobseeker traffic.