As organizations begin to evaluate and plan their workforce strategies post-COVID, they will be returning to a new-normal. 48% of employees will likely work remotely at least part of the time after COVID-19 vs. 30% before the pandemic. The increased acceptance of remote work is creating an opportunity to untether talent from location, opening up new opportunities for organizations to optimize their talent, including workforce mix and where and how they source talent. And as they shift to remote work, how they manage their physical assets while engaging and developing their talent for the future.
With the right combination of data and insight, companies can ensure their workforce strategy aligns with their business strategy. This year, ManpowerGroup Talent Solutions’ Total Workforce Index™ takes a deeper look at talent availability, comparing the percentage of remote-ready workforce in different markets and exploring the availability of in demand talent to assist organizations in keeping pace with the next normal.
The Total Workforce Index™ is the only index of its kind that analyzes over 200 factors across 76 markets for a comprehensive and comparative view of four key factors: Workforce Availability, Cost Efficiency, Workforce Productivity and Regulation.
Just as the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of a market is used as an economic indicator for measuring the size of an economy and how it’s performing, the Total Workforce Index™ may be used as an indicator of workforce potential. Total Workforce Index™ rankings provide important perspectives and insights that can influence organizations’ short- and long-term workforce planning strategies. The rankings help to address critical planning questions, such as:
- Where are the best locations to find workers with the skills needed, especially as new roles emerge and as technology enables employers to pursue more aggressive remote work strategies?
- What is the right remote versus onsite workforce strategy?
- Which markets would best meet diversity and inclusion goals?
- How should employers look at balancing temporary vs full time workers?
- How can organizations plan workforce mix by location—city, province, state and/or country?
- How do shifting regulations and changing wages impact a specific location?
- How can organizations turn workforce optimization into a competitive advantage?
Access the full report.